Monday, June 1, 2009

I'll miss the smiles




Once again I sit listening to the rain pattering on the roof and the calming hum of the generator. I believe that things are truly good here. As the rain falls, God’s grace falls along with it. How I love that God’s mercies are new every morning!
I still love each one of my fifty friends as much as I always have, more I am sure. I look so forward to them coming home from school each day. I love waiting at the gate to greet them, and by the look on their face, I think they feel the same. About a week ago I spent a few days in Nairobi, Kenya and I have to admit I couldn’t wait to come home to my village. I missed the smiles and the laughter. Oh how my heart will ache when I leave in two months to go back to school.
Truthfully enough though, I am far beyond the half way point of my trip and I am beginning to think about the importance of finishing projects and meeting goals. I am far from finished though, and my heart is still completely in this project, as it always will be, sometimes just in different ways.


No comments: