Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My children have come...

(This picture is compliments of Missy Murray)
My children have come. I can’t tell you how exciting it is that their beds are full and that laughter now fills the halls of the long empty children’s home. It’s so fun to see their smiling faces every morning when I wake up and every night when I go to sleep. They are beautiful each and everyone one in their own way. Their stories are heart wrenching yet some so exciting. They are resilient these kids.
Saturday was full of business, pain and joy. It was so exciting to have our kids, but unfortunately the need is so great that we had to turn some away. I wish we had the resources to take each and every one!
I am so excited to see these kids grow, have new experiences and learn things they never thought they would have the opportunity to have. Some have dreams of going to America to become doctors and nurses, others want to be village leaders in order to make a difference. I hope I can make their dreams come true. They are already changing the land you know, children from different clans sleeping in the same rooms, playing soccer together and sharing meals. They are the catalyst for change in the area. They are the ones that are bringing hope. These wonderful children are the beacon of light in a place that has been full of darkness for far too long. I am just happy to be a part of their lives, for I know they will always be a huge part of mine.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Monica:

Just wanted you to know I am following your blog, soooo keep it updated! I love reading your stories and seeing your pictures. I am praying for you.

Karen